For Soil Reinforcement
MacGrid WG geogrids are high strength, high tenacity,
high molecular weight polyester geogrids in a full range
of tensile strengths to meet the most demanding applications
of soil reinforcement. MacGrid WG geogrids are
woven and then coated with a polymer coating to provide
MacGrid WG geogrids provide the highest tensile
strengths of any reinforcement geogrid in the industry.
The high molecular weight, high tenacity polyester yarns
used in the MacGrid geogrids result in excellent
creep resistance. The high molecular weight polyester
fibers are also resistant to the potential degradative
effects of hydrolysis and chemical attack for the range
of pH normally encountered in reinforced soil environments.
Features and Benefits:
• No recoiling. Remains in place after being installed;
does not roll back.
• Flexible and tough. Delivers immediate soil
geogrid stress transfer ensuring minimal movement of
• Lightweight. At least 33% lighter than most
• Cost effective. Creep resistant polyester fibers
provide a higher allowable tensile strength, minimizing
the required number of geogrid layers.
• High Long Term Design Strengths (LTDS). MacGrid’s
long term design strengths are backed up by more than
45,000 hours of tension creep testing performed at an
outside, independent test laboratory so you can be assured
of credible, dependable long term design strengths.
• Easy handling. No sharp edges which may injure
• Wide rolls. Rolls are wider than most rigid
geogrids, significantly reducing placement time thus
• Custom fabrication of rolls:
‹ back to products page